Now I’m thinking I should have taken a picture of it for you, but I ate it before I thought about sharing it.
Recipe for the best sandwich ever:
- Two slices of fresh soft sourdough bread (You could also use a nice crusty roll for this or a length of french baguette)
- Enough leftover cold BBQ pork to fill the bread
- Quick pickled jullienned carrot and radish: Toss 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, and one tablespoon vietnamese fish sauce in a small pot, add a pinch of salt, boil, turn off the heat, add enough jullienned veggies to cover the meat of the sandwich, let sit for twenty minutes.
- Thai basil, enough to act as the “lettuce” of the sandwich
- One smear of Hoisin sauce, the good stuff pictured below
- One smear of sriracha, the good kind with the seeds still in it
Assemble the ingredients into a sandwich. Eat it. Love yourself for feeding yourself such a delicious sandwich.
This is the best Hoisin sauce, by the way: